I suggest you ...

Twitter: 'this is not a valid email address'

FYI & not your fault, but current part of user experience:

When I went to my Twitter profile & added the sendVee email address, Twitter came back with the 'this is not a valid email address' error. I put my old email address back and then tried again. Twitter accepted the sendVee email address on the second try (and I did not recopy it, I pasted the exact same clipboard as the first try). Weird. You may hear it from less persistent users in the future.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    cheryl colancheryl colan shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I WANT TO CREATE TWITTER ACOUNT WHEN I ENTERD MY EMAIL ADRESS SO THEY REPLY YOUR EMAIL ADRESS IS NOT VALID SO HELP ME HOW I VALID MY ACCOUNT

• Anonymous commented  · 

I tried using my gmail address same results. not valid email address. help

• Anonymous commented  · 

I am trying to set up twitter say not valid e mail address. same as above.
        it is my name with our dot com which is valid and use daily for some time. ?? help can they fix it?

• David GammieDavid Gammie commented  · 

I tried to sign up but was unable. Next to my correct email address is, "Doesn't look like a valid email."

• ChrisChris commented  · 

I used my name @gmail.com to enter as an email address, it's blocking me telling me it isn't a valid email address?????? So much for twitter being an advanced system.

I created this because it wouldn't accept my work email, it said that wasn't valid!!! Bugger, and it was my director@ address!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'm trying to sign up too, but it says my live.com email isn't valid and I'm frustrated. HELP

• mArk cunninghammArk cunningham commented  · 

i did that but its says ''This doesnt look like a valid email address

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Mine did the same thing. I tried it with full caps and it worded.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I'm attempting to join so that I can link up this with my youtube page, and it's saying my e-mail doesn't look valid. I included the @yahoo.com and everything -_-

• Jeremy VaughtAdminJeremy Vaught (Admin, sendVee) commented  · 

Yes, this happened to me too, but I didn't think anything of it. But now that you mention it, I'll look more into why it is happening and put a warning on it. Great feedback, thank you!

Feedback and Knowledge Base